Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Privacy and my Thyroid......

So I am LDS, Latter Day Saint, Mormon. We have what we call home teachers. Mine decided to come over very late...10 pm. It really isn't that late, but visitors...we just weren't expecting them. I was in my room jamming out to my ipod in my underwear dancing around. I am a dork I know. I usually don't tell people that, but if I don't the story won't be as embarrassing. Anyways so my ipod is cranked to the max. I can't hear anything. Then I turn around, and my mom has the door open! I freak out, start screaming a whole bunch of swear words, partly because I am embarrassed and I was surprised. I turn off the ipod and ask her what she was thinking. She then states, "Are you expecting anyone?" I wasn't. I get dressed and I am still screaming because my privacy was just invaded....I know what you are thinking..."why didn't this crazy chick just lock the door?" Well my bedroom doesn't have a lock. I just always trusted that my parents would knock...which she didn't....grrr on mom.

It turns out that there was people at the door and it was my home teachers. A pleasant surprise even though I was still angry. We talked for about an hour about what is going on in my life and how it is completely falling apart and I don't know what to do. They were really cool about everything even when I told them that I am smoking and I really wanted a cigarette at that very moment. I also know what you are thinking, "Ew...how can she smoke that is sooo nasty?" Well to answer you question. I like to know how I am going to die and cancer sounds really good right about now. That and it isn't to hard to get the smell out...it is called bathing. Back to that night. My hometeacher just asked that the next cigarette I had I would cut it in half...I wasn't to happy. Wasting tobacco and nicotine, but I said I would...and I did! I like to keep most of my promises.

I talked to my mom about her invading my privacy and she said that my dad chewed her out for it the night before GO DAD!!! Him and I have a rocky past so it is good to hear that he sticks up for me. Anyways she said sorry and that she wasn't even thinking to knock and that she didn't mean to walk on me changing...she thinks I was changing, Woot! My secret is still safe! I accepted her apology and we agreed that we are getting a lock for my door. So all and all everything turned out alright for the moment.

Now to my thyroid...not really much to say hear, I got some blood work done and it showed that my thyroid is not working correctly. I have to go to my regular doctor to figure out how to fix it...at least now I know why I am having trouble losing the weight. (That is a symptom of having thyroid problems)

Just a little fun fact. My guinea pig is sitting on my desk right now checking everything out. She is really old and her name is Fudgie.






No comments:

Post a Comment